Sunday, April 24, 2011

Summer is here


So yeah duh. It's already the middle of summer in the Philippines. We've managed a trip to the beach (Baloy Beach in Subic, Zambales in photo) and one (yes one!) swim in the swimming pool in our village just today. Happy Easter Sunday!

I feel like Rip Van Winkle. I fell asleep and just woke up to summer. I feel like hitting myself on the head for only noticing now that summer has started. Thankfully, Matt's birthday weekend, which we spent at the beach, was on April 3 so we at least greeted summer early on.

The village is like a ghost town. Looks like almost everybody left to spend Holy Week elsewhere.

Haven't touched my scrapbooking things in ages. Feel strange getting scrapbook site updates in my inbox. They feel like a world away.

Been drowning myself in stories, constantly thinking, watching, reading, and writing drafts of incomplete stories. Wish I could finally finish one decent one for the upcoming Palanca Awards deadline, April 30. I don't expect to win but a deadline always gets me motivated to actually sit down and finish something. =p

Matt and I have taken almost a long-month break from homeschooling. Don't ask me what we've been doing, since it really does feel that I spent too many days asleep during the day and awake at night, prowling for more stories online. (Poor AR has spent too much covering for me during his days' off.)

I've watched Hayao Miyazaki's "Howl's Moving Castle" too many times and it is officially my number two favorite movie next to Jim Henson's "Labyrinth". (If you want to get your own copy of "Howl's Moving Castle", check out your local branch of Comic Alley in malls or just check online.)

Just wanted to put a little update, just in case you're wondering where I am. Still here, enjoying summer in Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment