Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Favorite Manga/Anime/Drama

When I find an interesting manga, I usually check out if there's an anime or drama. And, sometimes I prefer the manga, sometimes the anime, sometimes the drama.

But, anyway, just wanted to share some of my faves: *in no particular order, the parentheses just indicate what I've read/watched*


Gakuen Alice (manga)
* Part-Harry Potter, part all-its-own. You just can't help but root for Mikan, who goes from a nobody Alice (magician, wizard, insert whatever she is in here) to heroine, well-loved by all, and her often sad, infuriating, touching love with Natsume, a dangerous-type Alice who has a short life span because of his power.


Hana Yori Dango (manga/anime)
Meteor Garden (Taiwanese drama)
Hana Yori Dango (Japanese drama)
Boys Over Flowers (Korean drama)
* An absolute classic, the Lord of the Rings of manga in terms of basic character development, the bishounen (beautiful man), and plot. I never get tired of going back to watching Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango when I've run out of things to read or watch.


Sekaichiichi Hatsukoi (manga/anime)
* I usually don't like yaoi (boy x boy love), but this storyline is just too hard to resist. Struggling literary editor and son of a publisher wants to stand on his own two feet, away from his father's shadow and ends up becoming a manga editor. As fate would have it, he ends up working under his first love. Plus I appreciate the fact that the guys are guy guys.


Skip Beat (manga/anime)
* I never stopped laughing while watching/reading this. Revenge is bittersweet. Kyoko is trying to get revenge on her ex-boyfriend who has been stringing her all along to help him while he was a struggling singer. When his career takes off, he promptly dumps her. As revenge, Kyokyo decides to join the entertainment industry to beat her ex-boyfriend. Despite having sworn she will never fall in love again, she is slowly but surely growing closer to Ren (in my opinion, the most handsome guy I've ever seen in manga, or maybe it's just how his character is developed).


The Wallflower/Perfect Girl Evolution (manga/anime/drama)
* Sunako is just the coolest female character I've seen, comparable only to Misaki Ayuzawa of Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. I like the horror/gore, just to make it different from any other ordinary manga out there. Plus Kyohei is just the most handsome brute you'll ever encounter in a manga. Oh and it's delightfully funny. My son laughs out loud with me whenever they showed the cartoons on Channel 5 before.

Last, but definitely not least:

Kaichou Wa Maid Sama (manga/anime)
* By far my most favorite manga couple and my most favorite anime. Misaki Ayuzawa is cool student council president to a bad-ass, mostly boy-dominated school and works part-time as a maid at a cafe. Of course she has to keep her part-time job as a secret, fearing it will ruin her reputation in school. Takumi Usui is my favorite anime male lead. Enough said. Just go read and watch.

P.S. I do not own any of these images. And if you want to see these images, or read or watch any of these, there's always Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment