Saturday, May 30, 2015

Poor neglected blog...

Um, hello? Is there anyone out there reading this?

I've debated with myself several times if I should just delete this blog. But a kid recently thanked me for helping his mom find Matt's school. (He is now one of Matt's best friends.) So I guess I'm going to keep this blog going then.


News about my son, Matt. He turned 11 this year and is in Grade Four in the Blended Learning Center (formerly Kids Ahoy) in Cubao, Manila.

There have been some new developments with the school as well. BLC-Manila has partnered with Seibo College under Fr. Alarcon, who gets credit for being one of the brains behind Angelicum's home study program.

So, Matt, hopefully, will finally get the accreditation he needs to get academic records for Grades 1-4. It's going to take a lot of hard work, because he has to work on the modules for those years, but it's still a lot better than taking the Dep Ed accreditation exam. Matt, unfortunately, barely speaks Filipino and definitely will not be able to take the Filipino and Araling Panlipunan part of the Dep Ed exam. His teacher told me that you can't fail any subject in the Dep Ed exam or else you'll have to wait for the following year to take it again.

So, now, we're in summer mode for the next two weeks before going back to the grindstone.

Hopefully, and I have full faith in this, things are unfolding as they should. Thank God.


No comments:

Post a Comment